Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Welcome to this world Baby Ethan!

I had a marvellous weekend. Firstly, my sister delivered baby Ethan on Deepavali. Deepavali is hindu festival where people of all ages light oil lamps or its equivalent.The lighting of lamps is a way of paying obeisance to god for attainment of health, wealth, knowledge, peace, valor and fame. 
To Hindus, darkness represents ignorance, and light is a metaphor for knowledge. Therefore, lighting a lamp symbolizes the destruction, through knowledge, of all negative forces- wickedness, violence, lust, anger, envy, greed, bigotry, fear, injustice, oppression and suffering, etc.

Baby Ethan definately lighted up our family's lives. It definately represents a new chapter of life for my sister. It is so nice to see her mummy instincts kicking in.
My sister looks beaten up after 5 hours of labour.


Secondly, I finally have Scruffy all to myself eventhough she was a bit moody. We went shopping at Uniqlo and World of Sports for our trekking clothings and shoes. We each bought a pair of columbia trekking shoes which was nice and cheap. Thank goodness I waited for her to come back before I made the purchase because the discount given was much better. I bought a new toy too! I got myself creative D200 wiresless speakers which turned out to be very good. It was more of an impulse buy but Scruffy and I were very satisfied with the performance.  We both decided that we should do more activities together rather than bumming at home watching TV series.   





No comments:

Post a Comment