Sunday, October 31, 2010

Business trip to Beijing

I was away away in Beijing for a Board of Directors (BOD) meeting. And I was not able to blog because I couldn't access my blogspot. On top of that, I was not able to log into facebook. I guess it must be the media censorship policy of the government. Each country has its own policy on media censorship even in the country I leave in.

I had good BOD meeting because of 2 reasons. Firstly, the weather there was excellent as it ranges from 2 - 13 degree celsius. Secondly, I always enjoy the company of the directors because they always take care of me since I was the youngest director. When I tell people I'm a director, people are usually surprised because directors are usually not that young. The reason why I was made director was because my boss doesn't understand mandarin and it doesn't made any sense for him to attend the meeting, so he made me the alternative director. Everyone knows that China business trips are always fun because of the entertainment scene there. And it's also the entertainment there which made me pick up social smoking and drinking. Before I started work, I didn't really drink nor smoke but now because of entertainment purposes, I have to.

When I was hanging out with my relatives in the evening for the last 2 days, they attempted to matchmake me with their friend's daughter when they heard I was single. We met her at Westin at night for coffee. She was working late at night because she was in charge of organising the conference for her company. Eventhough it was late at night, she was very hyper when I was already half asleep. My auntie was talking to her most of the time and I was sitting there enjoying my 58RMB earl grey tea. She is a nice girl in general I must say but I had no interest because my heart is in Vietnam

I did a bit of shopping at 秀水街. I bought two Northface jackets, 2 gloves and one beanie for my upcoming hiking trip. I got the fake cheap ones because I was planning to give to the poor over there after I'm done using it. I hope it keeps both of us warm during our trip because it's going to be quite cool over there.

I came back home yesterday and instead of resting, I was throwing away rubbishy stuff and packing away some parts of me. Now I just label those packed away stuff as nice memories. The only things I have yet to pack away are my 2 posters. I have closed that chapter of my life and preparing to move on to my next chapter of my life which I am so looking forward to. And hopefully a new chapter begins when I embark on my "so called" life changing trip in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment